Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo at CLT

My sister Ret and I saw this film last night at the Nineteenth Street Theatre, after a couple of slices of pizza at Salvatore Ruffino's, by far the best pizza in town.  We took advantage of the film being shown in the "big" theater, as opposed to Theatre 514 across the street.  The "19th St." is my favorite theater in Allentown - the only place where you can hear live organ music before certain shows, and see non-mainstream films -- and what a great old building. 


Back to the movie - the book was closely followed for the most part. Certain of Blomkvist's relationships were glossed over, and the ending was different as well, echoes of Body Heat, which is one of my favorite thrillers.  I got an eerie feeling when Blomkvist first enters the cottage where he finds Harriet's Bible -- it  looked exactly as I'd imagined it.


I recommend seeing this version before the American re-make is released.  The acting was great all around, and I can't imagine the redo topping some of these performances, expecially Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  I think I want a new haircut, short on one side, swooping over my ear on the other. . . and maybe a motorcycle???

No comments:

Post a Comment