Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dinner with a friend - better than recent dine-out!

Last night my friend Wendy came for supper - I made the red lentil soup recipe that I included in my annual Christmas letter this year - delish - and Wendy brought a lovely mozarella/tomato/avocado/basil salad which she made, along with those great Wegman rosemary rolls and fruit tarts (which I saw sitting in the fridge after she left). . . This was a much better dinner than the clammy clams Monday night. 

We talked about life and interviews and dissertations and cats, cats, cats (my brother Jon just got his second one, and Wendy has 2).  I told her about our cat Jerry when I was a kid, who, after Mom ran him over pulling into the garage, went gallumphing down our hall at home with a cast on his leg, still spinning around just before he reached the wall at the end of the hallway.  Great cat, that Jerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment