Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lost and What Was Lost

What Was Lost: A NovelI was up until 1:30 a.m. last night reading this book.  It had been on my "books wanted"  list for months - I got my copy at the most recent Bethlehem AAUW used Book Sale, but it's available on Amazon.  What a great film this would make - and unlike Lost: The Complete Sixth And Final Season, all loose ends were wrapped up in a surprising, satisfying way.  There's a several-page scene in the book that's a conversation between a music store manager and an employee who has a temper problem - it had me laughing out loud, was very realistic and very funny.  Any readers who have had to discipline an employee will get a real kick out of it.  The bulk of the book was serious - the characters were all lost, in different ways.  I highly recommend this haunting story - What Was Lost What Was Lostby Catherine O'Flynn.

As for the Lost series finale, they had me all the way to the church, and lost me in the aisle.  The ending was too easy, and left too many loose ends.  Viewers are already rationalizing the presence of Penny - my niece sent a link to a site that has an interesting analysis - http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/05/24/lost-finale-theories-explanations/?ncid=webmaildl2 - I'm not going to divulge any spoilers because my daughter, for one, hasn't seen the finale yet.  I'm not negating the hours of pleasure Lost brought me, but I have to say I was disappointed in the finale.

No comments:

Post a Comment